- (1) Cleat Style Out-haul Part
- (2) 5ft Orange Line – 4mm
- (1) 6ft Thin Grey Line – 3mm
- (1) 3ft Black Bungee – 4mm
- (2) Small Blocks – Ronstan RF15101
- Hot Knife
- Using a measuring tape, measure the appropriate lengths for your 3 lines
- Mark your line for accuracy.
3. Cut to the appropriate length using the hot knife (line cutter) for the orange line and the thin grey line. Heat the end of the line to prevent fraying. For the Black bungee use scissors
4. Set the lines in the correct orientation shown below.
5. Assemble the Out-haul Cleat System. Clip the silver cleat to the blue sleeve and insert the black rubber piece. Insert the screws into the blue sleeve to secure the cleat until you are ready to assemble the system onto the boom. Repeat on the second out-haul cleat.
6. Using the two small blocks, the orange line, and the out-haul cleat system, connect them together. Put the orange line through the pulley from the outside to the inside then follow the line through the cleat system and tie a bowline on the mast end. Repeat process for both sides.
7. Attach the bungee to the Mast end of the system. On one side tie a few half hitches and on the other tie a bowline to attach the bungee to the orange line. The side that has the half hitches will be the side you untie to rig your sail.
8. Connect the thin grey line to small blocks on each end. On one side tie a few half hitches and on the other tie a bowline to attach the thin grey line to the small blocks. The side that has the half hitches will be the side you untie to rig your sail.
***Please note that the up-haul lines can sometimes come in different colors. This document should be used as a general guide. Please ask for any further questions. ***